Iceland is the perfect getaway if you have a stopover to another country. I went for a mini vacation but many others we met were on a layover stop. Next time I will definitely try to do a layover in Iceland if I can.
As my trip to Iceland came to an end, I noted some final thoughts on being a tourist there:
- Icelandic people are extremely nice and helpful
- Everyone is out to have a good time and party, we even were offered to continue partying with some young people next door.
- Iceland isn’t cheap so bring some snacks from home if you are on a budget and get duty free alcohol
- If you miss your tour don’t worry they will let you reschedule at not exta cost
- If you have the time try renting a car and drive across Iceland as all the waterfalls are free
- There is a lot of volcanic ash
- Most people speak very good English
Overall, Icelandic people are great fun, and we enjoyed our time there immensely. I definitely will go back the next time I can work a layover in Iceland into my travel plans.
A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will – Icelandic Proverb